Today we are going to compare length. This means saying which is longer or shorter.
1. Warm up your brains by answering these questions
2. Use a measuring tape to measure out 1 metre - this is 100cm
(If you don't have a measuring tape, ask an adult to estimate 1 metre for you and cut out the length with a piece of string, or find an object which is about a metre long to compare with)
3. Find objects around your home which are longer than a metre and shorter than a metre
4. Make a table to record your findings
Today we are going to explore clothes from around the world.
Discuss with your family - what clothes do people wear in different countries?
1. Look at the pictures below.
2. Find the countries that these clothes come from on the map below or in an atlas that you have at home.
© Virginia Primary School - Virginia Rd - London E2 7NQ Tel: 020 7739 6195 email:email@example.com