Good morning Year 6!
This is Aoife here! It is my very first time doing the blog so I am a little nervous. I hope you like it! Please let me know what you think on Purple Mash. Salma and I will be taking turns to do the blog posts from now on.
We had a really fun day back at school today. It was so great to catch up with the people who came in and they all said how much they missed their friends who are still at home. We had lots of interesting conversations about all the emotions we have been feeling over the past couple of months.
Anyway, enough from me... let's get to the learning!
Now have a go at answering these questions:
1. What is a 'peace rally?'
2. What surprised Malala and her friends on the day of the rally?
3. Why was Malala more comfortable than the other girls when giving speeches?
4. Have you ever given a speech? What was it about? How did it feel?
5. In the final paragraph, Malala has used a simile to describe the dispersal of her message. Do you think the simile is effective? Give reasons for your answer.
The last time I taught you altogether we learned how to find the missing angles in triangles. Let's see how much you can remember!
Can you remember...
1. What do the angles in a straight line add up to?
2. What do the angles in a square add up to?
4. What do the angles in a triangle add up to?
If you can remember how much the angles of a triangle add up to you will be able to solve these problems.
If you can't remember, this video will help you. It also explains how to solve the questions below.
If those were easy, have a go at these: