Let's begin our learning!
So Theseus has arrived in Crete and ready to take on the Mighty Minotaur! Re -read the slides from the
Answer these questions using evidence in the slides:
1. How do we know that King Minos was mocking the tributes from Athens?
2. Why do you think Theseus volunteered to go first?
3.How did Ariadne help Theseus? Why do you think she did this?
Look at the image below and complete the thought bubbles. What do you think they are thinking at this moment in the story? Remember to write in the first person (I) .
Let's move onto translating shapes! What do you think translating means? Read the following description to help you understand.
If you want to know more click the link below and try the activities.
Translation is just moving a shape with given directions. The shape does not change size. Only the location of the shape will be changed. Have a look at the rectangle A below. It has moved 5 square left and 2 square up.
Have a go at the following questions. It might help to draw them out! I will post them on purple mash too so that we can talk through the questions!
How many of these can you answer?
1. Name three food types you body needs.
2. What two things can you do to keep your body healthy?
3. What happens to your body during exercise? Name three changes.
4. What is your pulse?
5. On average, how many times does your heart beat per minute?
6. How many chambers does the heart have?
7. Why might your blood be bright red sometimes and dark red other times?
8.How do the heart and lungs work together?
9. What part of the digestive system does your food go to after being in the stomach?
10. Create a mind-map with your answers to help you remember your information!
To end with watch this fun horrible histories about the Ancient Greeks Gods and other myths. Make some notes from the video- it will be useful later in the week!
Have an awesome Monday! Remember to send in your work!
Salma and Clare :)