Let's crack on with our learning! Malala's story has been so inspiring. Let's read chapter 14- secret school.
Use the text to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you think girls under 10 could go to school?
2. Do you think Madame Maryam did the right thing opening the school?
3. Why do you think she encouraged the girls not to wear uniform?
4. How do you think Malala felt walking into school?
5. How was going to school like a 'silent protest?'
Watch the video below: Write down notes for why it is beneficial for girls to go to school. Make a note of any facts, figures and ideas. You will need these notes tomorrow:
We have some great maths work happening in school! We are so pleased with how everyone is working and remembering their number facts to help them!
Let's try some of these tricky problems! You can use purple mash to discuss it too!
Remember to try and find as many ways as you can do answer the question.
Finally, here's a Sahara challenge for you....
Take a look at his amazing art work. What do you notice?
That's all for today! Have a great day! Send in your work and see you soon!
Salma, Aoife and Clare!